Because what you need is to include inbound marketing in your life! First of all, you have to know that inbound marketing is an online marketing technique that is currently on everyone’s lips.
Its objective? Attract customers in a non-invasive way, contacting people who are at the beginning of the purchase process and accompanying them, through the appropriate content, through each of the phases of the process until the final transaction.
In fact, it is one of the most complete strategies that can be found in the market today (its actions include content marketing, SEO and marketing automation, among others).
Do you want to know more about this topic and how we work it? Keep reading this post! If you prefer to consult more information about our services, consult this page.
Defining types of inbound marketing projects
In Jezweb we have established some “type” projects , which we will see below, and which continue to function as modules that adapt to the needs and circumstances of each client.
These inbound marketing projects, in part, can also be categorized according to the stages of inbound marketing . That is why, before getting into the subject, I am going to quickly remind you of the four stages that make up inbound marketing:
- Attract . The attraction phase is the first of them. In this phase we want to attract traffic to our website or blog thanks to the creation of content of interest. It is based on three pillars of attraction: blog, SEO and social networks.
- Convert . The conversion phase seeks to capture and generate leads, that is, for the visits to become part of the records in our database.
- Close . The third phase aims to mature the leads in such a way that they can close the operation or, in other words, make a purchase of the product / service offered by the company.
- Delight . The fourth phase is that of loyalty. It is important that you continue working with your customers to retain them and not only that they continue to buy from you if possible, but that they can also recommend you.
Main types of inbound marketing projects
1. Attraction (in the attract phase )
If what you are looking for is to focus on visits to your website or blog and be more visible, this is the perfect type of project!
As the name suggests, this type of project focuses only on the first phase of inbound marketing , that is, attracting traffic to a website or blog. How? Very easy. It consists of the design and implementation of a blog / content channel as the central axis of the content strategy that allows us to attract the future client in the initial phases of their purchase process. “But what comes next?”, You may be wondering …
From this point, the development of a content strategy focused on building an organic channel as a source of recruitment is carried out. It is important to emphasize the fact that, by enhancing the organic channel and this being the main collection channel, it allows it to be sustainable over time. In addition, the construction of this blog is also reinforced by other sources of attraction, such as social, referral or direct traffic.
The following actions are included in this type of project:
- Blog creation . Creating a blog is like making the foundation of a house, since it is necessary to start building the inbound strategy. In it we capture all the content that we consider appropriate in relation to the subject to be discussed.
- Definition of content strategy and buyer persona. Once the blog is created, a strategy must be devised about what is going to be published and towards which group of people it is going to be directed. These two points will mark the topics to be discussed on the blog, as well as its communicative tone.
- Keyword search . The main objective of this process is to identify relevant keywords to position the web pages in search engines. Of course, taking into account the type of business and its target . What is sought here is to find keywords that bring visits and, therefore, improve traffic and generate conversions (registrations, purchases …).
- Content writing. Once the keyword search is done, we write the content around them. Keep in mind that the content must be well written and, most importantly: that it is of interest to the target audience and adds value. This is the pillar on which the attraction strategy is based, so … you have to make it palatable to read and share!
- SEO optimization. It’s great to write content, but it needs to be SEO-oriented so that it ranks well in search engines and generates organic visits. This does not mean that it is written solely with SEO in mind, since that would not be positive either. We look for the naturalness in the text to introduce the keyword and synonyms without forcing. Once the post is written, it is time to upload it to the blog and optimize it so that it can rank even better.
- Social networks. They are an effective way to attract visitors. It is highly recommended to share posts on social profiles, thus making them act as a loudspeaker for the content strategy.
- Collaboration with other websites or blogs . Collaborating with other relevant websites or blogs can also be a great way to expand your target audience and, at the same time, spread the content. In addition, the fact of having inbound links also helps to position yourself.
All this that I tell you is reflected in the visits that a web page or a blog receives. Analyze them!
2. Marketing automation (convert and close phases)
Another of the inbound marketing projects that we use on a regular basis is marketing automation . It is a type of project especially suitable when you already start from an important database or have your own system to generate this database, but you want to work well with these contacts.
In this case, the inbound marketing actions that we carry out focus on taking advantage of the database, segmenting it in the correct way and impacting it in a personalized way in order to accompany the leads throughout the process of buy until you get them to become customers. To do this, the following 3 steps must be implemented:
- Strategy. You have to define very well the buyer persona, the segmentation criteria that will be followed to work the database and the actions to be carried out to monitor these contacts.
- Implementation of lead scoring. It is the process by which the contacts in the database are classified according to criteria established by the company. This rating will help you know where each lead is.
- Implementation of education strategies . Once the leads have been qualified, you have to go on to do what is known as lead nurturing . This technique is responsible for making the leads mature and thus proceed to the next phases of the purchase process until they become customers of the company. In addition to this, to carry out these education strategies, web personalization and implementing retargeting are essential to achieve better results.
3. Inboundisation (in the convert phase)
If the main objective is to focus on generating more data, this project consists precisely of this. What is done here is to take advantage of the assets that the company already has to capture and grow the database . It can be done independently, but as I have mentioned a little above, we usually complement it with marketing automation projects to work on it.
His approach is as follows: the marketing assets that the company currently has (traffic, database, content, seminars, etc.) as well as the communicative actions developed are studied. Once this study has been carried out, it is observed how one can take advantage of all these actions in the form of generating contacts.
At this point, an approach is made of an “inboundization” strategy that, through capture and conversion techniques, allows to reuse and seek a new performance for these actions and thus increase the database.
The steps to follow in this case are:
- Definition of the buyer persona we want to address.
- Study of the marketing and communication assets of the company.
- Development of database acquisition actions : see what actions can be carried out to meet the objective of getting more leads. Some examples would be creating a pop-up or including CTAs on product pages.
- Creation of landing pages, thank you pages, forms … in order to collect more data and make the database complete.
4. Complete ( attract, convert, close and delight )
When we are presented with a client who is looking for the generation of demand , it is necessary to work the entire funnel: attract, convert, close and delight , that is, in front of these clients our proposal is always a complete inbound marketing project.
As the name suggests, these projects incorporate all the stages of an inbound marketing project , working from attracting visitors to closing the business opportunity.
In these cases, we add to the development of the blog’s content strategy and the promotion of organic traffic the design of a downloadable content strategy with the aim of attracting customers, both in the initial phases of the purchase process and in the final phases. From here, we work on the implementation of a series of form chains that allow us to collect the necessary information from these users. How about?
Of course, in these projects we also work on the segmentation strategy through lead scoring, as well as lead education through lead nurturing that we have discussed previously.
These types of projects, as they attract organic visits, are slower and their results can be seen in the medium / long term, so when the client needs short-term results, we use the help of accelerators. To do this, we design and execute a strategy based on pay-per-click (PPC) actions that allow us to implement differentiated recruitment strategies.
The steps we follow when we are dealing with a project of this magnitude are the following:
- Definition of content strategy + buyer persona, this being a fundamental pillar to be able to establish the rest of the points.
- Creation of blog and resource center on which we will work.
- Keyword search thinking about what the target audience is looking for and combining it with keyword search data and your competition.
- Writing content of interest to the buyer persona.
- SEO optimization so that the content can appear in the first positions of the search engines.
- Social networks to act as a speaker when it comes to disseminating the content worked on.
- Collaborations with other blogs, so we can expand the audience that reads the content.
- Segmentation criteria and actions to be carried out to monitor these contacts.
- Implementation of lead scoring to know where each lead is.
- Implementation of education strategies: lead nurturing tasks will be carried out, as well as conditioning the web and carrying out retargeting actions.
- Email marketing strategy to be able to contact users directly and personally. Its complexity varies depending on what is needed in the project.
5. Loyalty (delight phase)
Once the lead has become a customer, the work that has been done with him should not be finished. Loyalty is crucial to increase LTV (life time value), by increasing recurrence and / or average ticket . But loyalty not only tries to increase the customer’s purchase ticket, since depending on the business model the objective of projects with these characteristics may be retention due to the large percentage of customer churn that exists among companies in the sector .
There are several steps we follow when implementing a loyalty project.
- Define very well the type of customers to know what they need now that they have already consumed the product / service.
- Design of a segmentation system according to the types of clients.
- Define the strategy of how we can add value to current clients . It is time to see what can be offered to the client to keep their attention alive: content, specific offers, new launches …
- Implementation of the segmentation system.
- Implementation of the marketing automation system based on personalization.
6. Inbound sales
In order to correctly take advantage of the returns of the inbound marketing project by the commercial team, what is known as ” inbound sales ” can be applied .
These types of projects are necessary because of the type of leads that come to you with the inbound project. Let me explain: the type of prospects that commercial teams are used to dealing with are different from those that arrive with inbound marketing , since the latter come much more prepared, so the commercial team has to adapt its strategy to know how to deal with them adequately.
As you know, the sales team does hard work every day to contact users and try to make them become customers. With this type of project, the aim is to develop a sales procedure that accompanies the prospect during his last phases of the purchase process to turn them into commercial opportunities and finally into clients.
If the HubSpot CRM is available , the following actions could also be performed:
- HubSpot CRM set-up: configuration and parameterization.
- Implementation in HubSpot Sales of Templates, Sequences, Documents, Meetings …
- HubSpot Chat: setup and training for the customer support team.
- Consulting and training for the correct use of HubSpot CRM and HubSpot Sales.
In conclusion, inbound marketing can help solve many of the business challenges that businesses face and, depending on what these challenges are, some actions or others can be applied.
Do you want to share these challenges with us? Do you have challenges at the marketing and sales level that you want us to analyze if we can help overcome them? If you want us to help you start an inbound marketing project, you have us at your disposal!